Since opening our doors in 1984, the Family Resource Center has helped countless children and families in Gordon County. Our mission is the prevention of child abuse in all its forms: physical, emotional, sexual, and neglect, in Gordon County, Georgia. Over the last 31 years, we have made great strides towards this mission, and we continue to add to our offerings of services to the community we serve. All services are offered at no cost to children age 17 and under who reside, or were abused, in Gordon County.
We have also started offering the Darkness to Light’s Stewards of Children program to train adults in our community to prevent, recognize, and react responsibly to child abuse. The goal for our Center is to train 2,500 people so that we reach the tipping point, which is 5% of the County’s population.
To date, in 2015, the Family Resource Center of Gordon County:
- Provided 112 forensic interviews of children alleged to be victims of physical or sexual abuse, commercial sexual exploitation, or children who witnessed violence;
- Trained 75 adults in the Stewards of Children program to better protect children from sexual abuse;
- Served 56 families in our Parents as Teachers program;
- Provided family advocacy for 112 families in our Child Advocacy Center; and
- Served 107 families in our First Steps program.
These numbers are fluid and will be updated regularly.
If you are interested in receiving services from the Family Resource Center of Gordon County, please contact us